What is Rapid 3.1?
Rapid 3.1 allows businesses to create a hosted payment page that adapts to their customers' preferred device, with beautiful designs and smart templates to boost mobile payment conversions
The Rapid 3.1 responsive hosted API is built on eWAY's industry leading infrastructure. Our global PCI DSS compliant payment gateway ensures credit card payments are processed 24/7 as fast as possible.
How do I get Rapid 3.1?
Rapid 3.1 is free to implement, with sample code, documentation and testing environments to help you create a responsive payment page for your clients.
View Rapid 3.1 Specifications
Try our Responsive Hosted Shared page
Is it secure?
eWAY is tier 1 PCI DSS 2.0 compliant as independently certified by BAE Systems Detica, an external Qualified Security Assessor (QSA). Rapid 3.1 captures the customer's credit card data directly on an eWAY hosted payment page, avoiding the business' servers. The business does not capture or store the data therefore reducing their scope of PCI DSS compliance.
How does it work?
The Rapid 3.1 responsive hosted payment process works in five steps:
- The website sends a request to eWAY containing the transaction information fields required
- The customer is either redirected to the custom responsive payment page hosted with eWAY or directly on the merchant's payment form through the transparent redirect option
- The customer enters their credit card and payment information and the payment is processed
- The customer is redirected to a nominated Return URL
- The website requests the transaction results from eWAY